Post Stroke Care
Having a stroke can be a life changing experience for the stroke victim and their family members. If your Elderly or Senior loved one has had a stroke, they may have to undergo rehabilitation for a combination of physical, mental and speech therapy to regain any lost function and ability. Due to partial paralysis, memory loss, problems with speech and mental confusion, recovery at home after a stroke can be very stressful.
At A-1 Home Care Agency, we provide compassionate in-home Post Stroke Care for Elders and Seniors who are home from the hospital or rehabilitation center. Our Caregivers, Certified Nurse Aides, Home Health Aides and Personal Care Assistants can provide care on a 24-Hour Live-In Care or Hourly Care basis.
We are experienced with Long Term Care Insurance (LTCI) and the Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit Program through the VA. This program is designed to help eligible war-time Veterans with the cost of Non-Medical Home Care Services. If your loved one is a Veteran, please click here to see if they qualify.
Personalized Care Plans and Services
We know every person will have different needs and preferences. Depending on the severity of the Stroke, your loved one may need only basic assistance with bathing and dressing or more intensive care with safety supervision, range of motion and physical therapy. We customize each Care Plan to provide the help your loved one needs to recover. A-1 Home Care Agency will change the Care Plan, schedule and caregiver duties as your loved one’s recovery progresses.
About A-1 Home Care Agency
- Helping People Since 1991
- State Licensed, Bonded and Insured Non-Medical Home Care Agency
- Approved Vendor by Long-Term Care Insurance Companies
- Contracted Provider for Long Term Care Insurance Guild
- Approved Vendor for Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit Program
- Approved Vendor for Regional Center of Orange County
- Approved Vendor for Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
- Partner of Citrus Valley Hospital for Medi-Care Bundle Payment Program
- Approved Vendor for Partners in Care Foundation – MSSP
- Vendor for Family Caregiver Resource Center in OC / St. Jude’s Hospital – MSSP
- Certified National Readmission Prevention Team
- National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC)
- Home Care Association of America (HCAOA)
- Member of American Care Management Association
- Member of American Board of Home Care
- California Department of Social Services
- Home Care Services Bureau
Home Care Services:
- Personal Bathing / Hygiene / Dressing Assistance
- Incontinence Care / Toiletry Assistance
- Safety Supervision
- Mobility Assistance
- Lifting / Transferring from Wheelchair
- After Surgery Care
- Range of Motion
- Arthritis / Pain Management
- Errand Assistance
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- Light Housecleaning and Laundry
- Bathing and Tuck-In Services
- Low Vision / Blindness
- Hospice Care
- Dialysis Care
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Dementia Care
All care providers are experienced and carefully screened. For more information on Caregiver Requirements, click here.
Call A-1 Home Care Agency for a compassionate caregiver in your area today!
Los Angeles 562-929-8400
Orange County 949-650-3800
San Gabriel Valley 626-219-6440