Open 24 Hours: Serving Southern California since 1991

(626) 219-6440
(562) 929-8400

How to Begin Conservatorship

June 4, 2018

Some people may not know how to go about being a conservator. In order for someone to become a conservator for an incapacitated individual, one must propose to the court to be appointed as the conservator, this proposal is also known as the petition for conservatorship. This petition can be filed by more than just family members.  Whether it is a close friend, a public official, a nonprofit agency, or a professional conservator can file the petition.  Since it is required for the conservator to be bonded to ensure they can execute duties faithfully, an attorney is usually a must in order to obtain such a bond.  In addition, the petitioner needs to proof that the conservatee is unable to provide basic personal needs in the case for conservatorship of the person, or unable to manage their own financial assets or resist fraud in the case for conservatorship of the estate.  Lastly, the petition must have a list of all possible unsuitable/unavailable alternatives to the conservatorship and the reason for each.  We understand it is a overwhelming process, and it is good to be prepared before beginning the petition phase.

It may be difficult to act as the family caregiver with all the stress and anxiety resulted from the conservatorship process, and A-1 Home Care in Sierra Madre  is the perfect solution to all your loved one’s in home care needs.  We are able to meet much of the needs for a conservator of the person, including meal preparation, incontinence care, housecleaning, transportation, medication administration, and other areas.  For over 20 years, our staff of caregivers here at A-1 Home Care have been hard at work, dedicating their skills and compassionate to improve the quality of life in many seniors and elderly.  Each are experts in Parkinson Care, Alzheimer’s Care,  Diabetic Care, Arthritis Care, After Surgery Care, Hospice Care, Bipolar Care, Cancer Care, Respite Care, and more.  We guarantee to fit the schedule with 24 hour live in or hourly care options, and you can find us anywhere in Los Angeles County, with operations in Sierra Madre, La Canada, Altadena, Pasadena, San Marino, Arcadia, Temple City, Rosemead, and other cities.